The Indian River Review is currently soliciting submissions for its second issue slated for publication in late spring/summer 2013. The theme for this issue is “Memory.” The deadline for submissions is December 15, 2012. Genres include short fiction, poetry, creative non-fiction, critical essays, black and white photography, and book reviews. See formatting and submission instructions below.
Submission and Formatting Guidelines
All work is peer reviewed. The journal accepts only electronic submission, no hard copies. Do not send simultaneous submissions. Please follow the requirements listed below for all submissions:
- Text files must be sent as .doc, .docx, or .rtf email attachments.
- Photography files must be sent as .tiff or .jpg email attachments.
- Send short fiction attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Send poetry attachments to email@example.com.
- Send creative non-fiction and photography attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Send critical essays and book review attachments to email@example.com.
- Text-based submissions must use 12 point font and correct MLA format.
- Short fiction, creative non-fiction, and critical essays are limited to 4,000 words.
- Book reviews are limited to 1,000 words.
- In your email, make sure to include your full name, phone number, address, institutional affiliation (if you have one), and the title(s) of the work you submit.
- In your email, include a 50 to 100 word author biographical paragraph.
- Send no more than 5 submissions for poetry.
- Send no more than 10 submissions for photographic pieces.
Please make sure to spend time proofing and editing your text submissions before sending them. Authors may even want to consider asking a friend to read the work first to help make sure an error free submission is sent. Submissions with incorrect grammar or misspellings may be automatically excluded from the review process. Those submissions that are accepted must be open to receiving minor editorial corrections. Also see the journal’s Agreement between Publisher, Editor, and Contributor.
Payment upon publication will include one copy of The Indian River Review.