Thank you to everyone who submitted work for consideration. We had an overwhelming number of submissions. Look for news about the publication coming out in the next few weeks!
The Indian River Review is currently soliciting submissions for its inaugural issue slated for publication in late spring 2012. The theme for this issue is “Time and Place.” The deadline for submissions is January 15, 2012. Genres include short fiction, poetry, creative non-fiction, critical essays, black and white photography, and book reviews. See formatting and submission instructions below.
Submission and Formatting Guidelines
All work is peer reviewed. The journal accepts only electronic submission, no hard copies. Do not send simultaneous submissions. Please follow the requirements listed below for all submissions:
- Text files must be sent as .doc, .docx, or .rtf email attachments.
- Photography files must be sent as .tiff or .jpg email attachments.
- Send short fiction attachments to email@example.com.
- Send poetry to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Send creative non-fiction and photography attachments to email@example.com.
- Send critical essays and book review attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Text-based submissions must use 12 point font and MLA format.
- Short fiction, creative non-fiction, and critical essays are limited to 4,000 words.
- Book reviews are limited to 1,000 words.
- In your email, make sure to include your full name, phone number, address, institutional affiliation (if you have one), and the title(s) of the work you submit.
- In your email, include a 50 to 100 word author biographical paragraph.
- Send no more than 5 submissions for poetry.
- Send no more than 10 submissions for photographic pieces.
Payment upon publication will include one copy of The Indian River Review.