The Indian River State College (IRSC) English/Communications/Modern Languages (ECML) Department is currently seeking submissions for its annual Creative Writing Contest for Scholarships for 2017. This contest is open to all public and private high school students in Martin County, St. Lucie County, Indian River County, and Okeechobee County (in Florida).
Below find submissions guidelines for entries. Only entries conforming to format/submission guidelines will be considered.
• Each contestant may submit one sample of his/her writing on any subject in only one of the following categories: short story; one-act play; poetry.
• All entries must be typed and sent as hardcopies. No digital submissions will be accepted.
• Double space with 1 inch margins. Use 12 point Times Roman or Arial font.
• Include a cover page with the following information: author’s full name; author’s phone number; author’s email address; author’s mailing address; author’s grade level; teacher’s full name; teacher’s email address; and school name.
• Mark “Creative Writing Contest” on the outside of the submission envelope.
• Mail entries to Dr. Tammy Powley, Indian River State College, English/Communications/Modern Languages Department, 3209 Virginia Avenue, Fort Pierce, Florida 34981.
• Entries must be postmarked no later than March 1, 2017.
Seniors will be eligible for one of two IRSC Scholarships. All admission requirements for the established scholarship will apply. Complete information is available from the IRSC Financial Aid Office and/or the ECML Department. Contact Dr. Tammy Powley at email@example.com.
The IRSC ECML Department looks forward to your submissions. IRSC faculty will judge the contest. Only award winners will be contacted. An award ceremony for winning submissions will be held Thursday, March 30, 2017 at 6:30 p.m. at the Brown Center for Innovation & Entrepreneurship (Y-102).